iLs is a multi-sensory program for improving brain function. It is an enjoyable activity, or “exercise,” which can be customized for all ages and skill levels for implementation in clinic, school or home.
iLs programs improve emotional regulation while training the brain to process sensory information
With improved regulation and processing, our ability to focus, think, and engage successfully in social situations also improves.
iLs has a global effect on the brain and central nervous system, influencing the following systems and their function: auditory, visual, vestibular (balance and coordination), motor, cognitive (thinking and reasoning) and emotional. As a result, it is successfully applied to a wide variety of conditions:
- Learning – Building the skills which enable success in school: attention, visual and auditory processing, memory, self-expression, social skills
- Performance Optimization – Improving processing speed and timing (athletics), creativity and imagination (arts and business), self–esteem and self-confidence (personal development)
- Neuro-Developmental – Achieving therapeutic goals related to emotional and behavioral regulation, sensory processing, communication and social skills; examples: Autism, Down Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy
- Psychological/Emotional – Improving attention, emotional balance and vitality
- Rehabilitation – Recovering energy and skills related to language, movement and cognitive function (memory, organization, planning) after a stroke or head injury
For more information visit http://www.integratedlistening.com/.